International Innovation and Entrepreneurship Course
The 100,000 Strong in the Americas Innovation Fund is the public-private sector collaboration between the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Embassies, Partners of the Americas, NAFSA, corporations, and foundations.
This program will teach you what is like to work with an international remote team working to crack economic inequity in rural communities using innovative cutting-edge Lean Startup tools to launch and grow sustainable businesses. Learn tools and skills to help launch and grow rural and Indigenous businesses with a focus on sustainable business success in an international setting. Through experiential projects with startups in Montana and Mexico, explore how the power of entrepreneurship can bridge the economic challenges found in rural communities around the world. Work together in a cohort of nine of your peers from UM and nine students from Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla (BUAP) in Puebla, Mexico directly with sustainably focused rural and Indigenous startup businesses in Montana and Mexico.
- Work with a remote international team and learn remote team skills along with lean startup, international business and entrepreneurial skills. (online May –July 2021).
- BUAP team members join UM students in Montana in to work together on project supporting Montana Startup. (August –September 2021).
- UM and BUAP students travel to Puebla, Mexico to work with startups in Puebla, Mexico. (October –November 2021).
$1990.00 travel funds provided per studentSkills Learned:
- Working in an international team
- Entrepreneurship in rural communities
- International communication
- International promotion mechanisms•International trade costs
- International distribution channels
- Lean Startup tools –Business idea testing and customer discovery
- You are curious about entrepreneurship•Interested in international studies and sustainability
- Interested in learning to work in an international team
- Some Spanish language experience suggested (to allow for ease of travel and work while in Mexico).
Please enquire by email to email@example.com