You may also choose to contact one of UM’s economic development programs directly if your question or need falls into any of the following areas.
!!! To get in touch as soon as possible, please fill out our online Business Emergency Assistance & Recovery (BEAR) form. !!!
SBA and CARES Act Loan Advice & Preparation via Missoula SBDC. For businesses located in Missoula, Mineral, Ravalli and Sanders counties
- EIDL (Emergency Injury Disaster Loan) Application
- CARES Act Funding Application
- Cashflow projections and
- Other SBA or bank loan application assistance
Missoula Region SBDC Director summarizes key information here.
If you are outside Missoula, Mineral, Ravalli and Sanders counties, you can find your local SBDC office contacts here: https://sbdc.mt.gov/About/Locations
General Business Coaching & Advice via the Blackstone LaunchPad powered by Techstars & Accelerate Montana Rural Innovation Initiative (AMRII)
- Cashflow projections
- Adapting/innovating in products & services, business model
- Marketing advice
- Legal assistance (legal office hours)
Government Contracting via Missoula Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC). For businesses located in Deer Lodge, Granite, Lake, Missoula, Mineral and Powell counties
- Reviewing current contracts
- Ongoing bid/contract support
- Identifying new bid opportunities
World Trade via Montana World Trade Center
- International business advice
- Export/Import business advice and resources
- Corporate training
- Workforce reskilling needs assessment
- Strategic resource prioritizing/planning
Here are a list of partners of Accelerate Montana with additional business services and advice to help assist you and your business during COVID-19
- Missoula County Business Guidance (includes information for business owners)
- Missoula Economic Partnership's 4-Step, COVID-19 Approach for Employers
- Montana High Tech Alliance COVID-19 Webinars
- Early Stage Montana Provides High-Tech, High-Growth Virtual Mentoring
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center News and Services
- Missoula Chamber of Commerce Updates & Lists of Open Retail/Restaurant Businesses
- MT. Dept. of Labor & Industry Employer/Employee Resource Guide
- MT Dept. of Labor & Industry Remote Workforce Toolkit
- Bank Updates:
- Stockman Bank Update: “Until we get through the pandemic, Bill Coffee [Stockman Bank CEO] said Stockman is offering to defer loan payments that are due. Then, post crisis, the bank will restructure debt for borrowers as necessary. Stockman will also work with commercial and Ag customers directly impacted by this crisis on a case-by-case basis.” See 3/16/20 Press release.
- Clearwater Credit Union: “For members that have loan payments and experience financial hardship, deferred loan payments may be available. Please contact us if you would like to learn what your options are.” See COVID-19 Update
- US Bank: Temporarily reduced pricing on Quick Loan and Cash Flow Manager.
Additional content we're curating to help you:
- McKinsey (the consulting firm) provides an excellent and regularly updated global summary of COVID-19 developments and implications for Business.
- Grasshopper Bank has done a great job pulling together resources for startup Founders and Investors.
- Shark Tank’s Mark Cuban offers some sound advice.